Dog Training Programs Can Make Back-to-School a Success for Pups and Pupils
Back-to-school season is in full swing, with kids and their parents picking out new backpacks, binders, and graphing calculators. Students are lining up at bus stops and filling seats in classrooms. And it’s no surprise that dog training numbers tend to pick up at this time of year. It’s back to school for our dogs, too!
The reason that dog training programs enlist new cadets every autumn is relatively straightforward. Family schedules adjust as we move into the fall and our dogs stay indoors more frequently. Left to their own devices for hours on end, poor manners can develop and contribute to tensions unnecessarily – particularly during a time when your human children are adjusting to new experiences.
A quality dog training program can help make your back-to-school season a tremendous success for your pups – and your pupils!
- An expansive curriculum: The best dog trainers and dog training programs at quality pet resorts offer numerous options to fit any need, from building a foundation in basic obedience (sit, stay, down, etc.) to proper leash instruction, lots of distractions, potty training, and more.
- Effective, custom training: Many pet resorts offer Stay and Train programs, providing action-packed overnight camps that blend a luxury lodging experience and one-on-one sessions with skilled and compassionate trainers. At Fit ‘N’ Furry, for example, we offer:
- Private rooms in a state-of-the-art, climate-controlled facility
- Daily training sessions tailored to specific goals
- Group and individual playtimes
- Mealtimes, treats, and fresh water
- Take home resources
- Ongoing support
- And more!
- Puppy socialization: It’s paramount for pet parents with young puppies to start socializing with their dogs at a young age. The earliest weeks of a puppy’s life are, by far, the most formative, and experts recommend training between the ages of 12-18 weeks. Constructive play with other dogs and introductions to new sights and sounds are critical at this time. With the Fall season fast approaching, puppies will be inside more, which usually brings more behavioral challenges. Find a pet resort partner that specializes in these classes and enjoy watching your dog learn and grow at this exciting age. Fit ‘N’ Furry’s expertly trained staff goes above and beyond to provide a safe and secure environment for puppies to exercise their social skills with both humans and fellow pups, setting them up for success later in life.
- A better bond: As training progresses and your dog learns more advanced commands, from basic to intermediate and beyond – focus and consistency will improve with behaviors, off-leash activity, and so much more. Better yet, the best dog training programs offer resources for pets and pet parents that extend beyond the classroom. At Fit ‘N’ Furry, graduates and their families are privy to take-home exercises, ongoing coaching, and other benefits that help foster a fruitful lifetime relationship.
Fit ‘N’ Furry offers many positive and proven dog training solutions to suit any need, whether your dog is having behavioral issues or simply wants to join in on the back-to-school excitement. Not only that, but our dog daycare, staffed by a compassionate and skilled team of caregivers, can give pet parents peace of mind while ensuring that dogs are safe, secure, and engaged while you and your children are busy during the day. Contact us today to learn more and schedule your first training session or visit.